Hi Lera

Em 11/02/2018 23:46, Lera Goncharuk escreveu:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to raise the issue of using a word "Runtime" with a name of
> functions in LibreOffice help.
> There are several meanings of this word.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runtime_library
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runtime_system
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run_time_(program_lifecycle_phase)
> Are there functions in Basic to other time of the lifecycle?
> I do not quite understand the reason for using this term in the help. I
> assume that the authors of the old help wanted to emphasize that those are
> built-in functions which translated into bytecode. Or in other words it is
> a function of execution environment.
>
> But does it make sense to use this term beside to each function?
> In my opinion, [Runtime] obstructs reading the help.
>
> Is there a reason to save this word in the help beside each function?
> If there is no reason to save it, I will prepare a patch to remove it from
> the help.
>
> Best regards,
> Lera

I only have a guess: make a difference with Calc functions. In some
cases like Cos, Sin, and some VBA financial functions, the function name
and results returned are the same.

So I humbly beg to differ on the obstruction the reading of the Help. It
does not affect my reading.

And please note that a change like this will trigger a set of
translation rework.

Regards
--
Olivier Hallot