Hi Jarek I checked the Hoffman Prop manual and indeed you are correct.

However all on this list will say 2200 RPM I think.

Expect a drop of 200 rpm for cruise so aim for a drop of 250 momentarily. The
idea is to provide enough clearance for the slide to move into place in the
Centre stem nut shoulder without the RPM dropping so far that the centrifugal
force drops so much the slide will not stay out in the cruise position.

It is a balancing act between RPM and hand force on pull handle.

As Tom says if you pull the change handle far enough back it will rumble like
hell as the blades are stalling due to too high an angle of attack. It won’t do
any damage but is unnerving.

This takes a little finesse but once mastered you will find it easy enough.

Nige.