Sorry I am away from dimona so no photos but I fitted either side of
cockpit two NACA inlets with a ball vent which opens and closes. I copied
what the HK36 has.

I found the one on top of cowl was limited for air for ventilation and that
flap is not reliable. I guess it can supply air to canopy but from memory
the hk36 has no air going onto canopy.

This on top h36 is a poorly shapped NACA in my opinion. I believe 1.  the
shape of NACA is critical with little nick near wide part. 2. A sharp edge
on the NACA upper serface 3. A wing section on the right angle end of NACA
on inside and this sucks air in to cabin.  4 is the angle of ramp but its
is less critical I believe.  5 the alignment we ith airflow is moderately
important  (I put thick black string where they were going and had it
photographed on landing so I had the air flow line)

A friend did his thesis year on NACA air intakes and explained it one wet
no flying day.

Ian Mcphee
+61 428847642