I installed a new Limbach on a friend's Dimona. It wouldn't fire. I went
through every test and procedure and priming known to man to get it to
fire. Finally pulled a couple plugs and gave it a shot of starter fluid.
Got it started. It settled down in about  a minute and has run fine since.
I remain clueless...

In my case, I have always used 100LL AVGAS.

Michael Stockhill