Hi Everyone,

As I frequently say to my high school students, "The only dumb [I can't say 'dumb 
ass'... however often I might want to] question is the the one you don't ask."

Anyway, partially because I'm on school vacation this week and partially because the 
weather in lousy here in NH and I have no life, I've become consumed with the Doobie 
Bros/Rolling Stone reference in 'Romancing The Stone.' As a result, I started by 
raiding my children's videotape collection, found the movie, ran it on 'mondo-slow' on 
my VCR and finally saw the headline 'Elvis Costello Repents' on the cover of the RS 
that Michael Douglas is reading in the film. Some cross checking of covers in the RS 
20th Anniversary issue yielded the issue. If I'm countintg correctly [because I think 
RS came out twice a month back then], it's a September 1982 edition. I'm pretty sure 
that's the answer.

In my research, I also came acrosss the 9/20/79 RS issue with the Doobies on the cover 
[photo by Annie Leibovitz]. Pat, Michael, Keith, Tiran, and 'new' members Corny 
Bumpus, Chet McCracken and John McFee. A very nice article by Timothy White, too.

David from NH  


_________________________
To unsubscribe from this list, send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
"unsubscribe doobiefans-list" in the body.

Reply via email to