It Keeps You Runnin' was used in FG as well as FM. China Grove was used in Feild Of Dreams. At the time I had the same reaction that "Jack" had about the breakup.
-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Banton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2000 3:12 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Romancing the stone
I believe the Director?/Producer? Robert Zemeckis was/is a big Doobies fan.
He also used them in the soundtrack to Forrest Gump.
Gary (the Limey Doobie!)
-------------------
>From: "farago30" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Reply-To: "farago30" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: "Doobie Bros Fan Club" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Romancing the stone
>Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 12:40:49 -0400
>
>Anyone out there in Doobiefanland know how the reference to the Doobs
>break-up in '82 got into the script of the film, "Romancing the Stone"?
>Michael Douglas' character, Jack, laments about their break-up when he
>reads an old newspaper. This flick was recently on TV and it reminded me
>of how I felt back then.
>
>George
________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com
_________________________
To unsubscribe from this list, send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
"unsubscribe doobiefans-list" in the body.
