Just wanted to add my 2c worth to Laurin's earlier Email about the Doobie-O-Belia charity auction.

We have 48 items up for bid on the web.  We have bids for 26 of those 48 items.  The total of all the second high bids, which is where we start the bidding at the live auction on the 25th, is $2514 as of tonight.

Last year we got 5 or 6 bids, and web bidders accounted for about $500 of what we collected for the Vets.

I am just blown away with the way this has grown from last year.  It's a tribute to just how great the Doobies fans are.

Now to try and stir up the audience a little.

Don't forget that if you have the winning web bid, it doesn't mean you won the auction.  I'll bid for you up to your maximum at the live auction.  Now I'm not gonna give away any high bids or other state secrets, but there are more than a few of the high web bids that I'm pretty sure (having done this last year) won't hold up at the live auction.

So if you really, Really, REALLY want something, make sure your bid reflects the MAXIMUM you are truly willing to pay, not just what you'd like to get it for.

Am I trying to jack up the bids?  Of course!  After all it's for a great cause, and it's tax deductible to boot.

Well that's it for the shameless self promotion.  Just remember what it's really all for, and be sure you haven't short changed yourself.
--
             Hearin' Their Tunes Always Has A Way
                   Of Soothin' Out My Soul
_______________________  _______  _______________________
\______________________\ \    __\ \_____________________/
 \_____________________/ /    \  _\____________________/
  \___________________/ /______\ \____________________/

          Cause Times Are Hard And Work Is Slow,
             But Their Music Keeps Me Whole
 

Reply via email to