I'm about half an hour walk to the Uni so buses aren't a problem for me, I
can walk it, but looking at the bus timetables, the last U1 back to
Bournemouth is at 22.10 (half an hour service until then) and the last U2
back to Poole is also at 22.10 so probably too early?
http://www.thebusforbu.co.uk/pdf/u1tt_vacation.pdf
http://www.thebusforbu.co.uk/pdf/u2tt.pdf

There is also an hourly service from (yellow bus) No 6, with the last one at
22.48  http://www.bybus.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/r62.pdf

There are more options than Wimborne as there are buses from 2 companies,
but to answer the question originally asked by Ralph, no, there aren't
"frequent busses late into the evening".

In terms of timings, the best evening buses in the area are No 3 and No 5
(both yellow buses), which both run every 15 minutes (until midnight for No
3 and 11.30 for No 5 - but note that the No 5 splits into 2 routes, 5a and
5b, so stops after Winton are served less frequently). Incidentally, The
Broadway pub we met in last time is on the No 3 route, hence it being a
great location for public transport users.

On 8 November 2010 12:20, Peter Merchant <madsmad...@netscape.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 10:40 +0000, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Mark Elkins wrote:
> > > Although I still think Bournemouth or Poole would be better for a meet
> > > this side of Dorset.
> >
> > Is Bournemouth University well-served by frequent busses late into the
> > evening?  Is there the option of getting a room there?  I've an idea
> > someone, Peter?, thought it may not be too hard after all.
> >
> > No beer, but quietness, power, Internet?, perhaps even the ability to
> > put on five-minute talks on things.
> >
> I'll ask when I am next there on thursday.
>
> Peter
>

>  Here's the bus information: http://www.thebusforbu.co.uk/
>

> --
> Next meeting:  Somewhere quiet, Bournemouth, ???day 2010-12-?? 20:00

New Tetris-meet-Sudoku game for Android - look for Sudoku Way on the market
(light version is functional and free)

Google Android, programming and web design at http://www.cogitas.net/blog/
--
Next meeting:  Somewhere quiet, Bournemouth, ???day 2010-12-?? 20:00