David

It may be worth looking at Novatech.co.uk in Portsmouth, as they supply computers & laptops without an OS or pick your own selection of M$ options. Service is very good and normally no problems with replacements or help. For us in the East Dorset it's an hours drive to go and view/collect if that's required. On-line and Telephone help is also available.
Here's plenty of help in the group as well as in the forums.
I changed when I bought a new Dell laptop with Vista installed, couldn't get on with it and installed Ubuntu, dual booted and after a month found I wasn't using Vista so reformatted and changed fully to Linux, never looked back!

Good luck

*Clive A Wills*