Hi Terry,

> That Web GUI makes it all a lot easier.

I've never used it, but IIRC the release notes make it clear it lags the
command line and doesn't keep up with the latest BBC hoops that needs
jumping through for all functionality.  So if something doesn't work,
try the command line.

Most of the options aren't needed for typical use.  I have a few scripts
I edit over time, e.g. fetch a new index with `./refresh':

    #! /bin/sh

    # Quiet avoids the default of listing everything added,
    # but it still searches for a pattern that matches everything,
    # so give it something that won't exist.
    exec ./get_iplayer --quiet --refresh --refresh-future Lj66fjtqfhG

Search the index with a regular expression, `./search
'this.week|daily.politics'':

    #! /bin/bash

    ./get_iplayer --nopurge -e 31536000 --future \
        --exclude-category children \
        --exclude-channel '\b(?:Alba|CBBC|CBeebies|S4C)\b' \
        "$@"

List things added to the index by a recent refresh, `./newall':

    #! /bin/bash

    # --since is in hours.
    ./search --since 2 "$@"

More details on a search result, giving the URLs for the BBC site, e.g.
`./info 3141':

    #! /bin/bash

    ./get_iplayer --no-purge -e 31536000 --future -i "$@"

A canned list of new things I'd like to know about, `./newfavourites':

    #! /bin/sh

    ./newall 'jackanory|think.of.a.number|...'

Get something now, but not if it's signed as I find the smaller picture
distracting, and try to learn sign language instead, `./get 3141' or
`./get --pid foo42bar'.

    #! /bin/sh

    : ${1?}
    ./get_iplayer --nopurge -e 31536000 --future \
        --modes best --subtitles --versions default,audiodescribed \
        "$@"

I use the PVR features too, adding future programs to it as I learn of
them and running the download at times of free bandwidth.

Cheers, Ralph.