Hi,

We've hit a snag with the Wimborne Model Town Railway Lighting Project; I am
pretty certain that my Pi
Zero is faulty.  We have the code working on a Pi 2, but I'd like to see if the
Zero is up to the job.
Unfortunately the suppliers are out of stock (again).

I have tried running Raspbian on it with different SD Cards, and using a
different PSU, but each time the
system freezes up and then the next time I boot I get a kernel panic
referencing an error reading a block.
I get no problems using the same installation in a Pi 2.

I have several theories:

1.  There is something wrong with the clock generator; I managed to boot the
Zero into a shell, but then it
ran like treacle when I issued startx.  (I have had the desktop working once or
twice.)

2.  There is something wrong with the address decoding and it's OK until the
program tries to read from
an address that uses the faulty bit.

3.  The temperature sensor circuit is faulty and the Pi is trying to shut
itself down.

4.  Something else.

Whatever the actual problem, the reality is that my Zero is b******d.  I must
say that it probably isn't
surprising, since the board arrived gummed to the front of the MagPi magazine.
I thought at the time that
this was asking for trouble, but maybe I was just unlucky and got a bad 'un.

Anyway, if someone has one that they've finished playing with, I'd appreciate a
loan so that I can evaluate
it running TinyPi and the PWM program.