On 24/12/16 17:48, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
Hi Tim,

Mine is 53.0.2785.143 from Debian Testing and I have the same problem
as well
https://packages.debian.org/stretch/chromium says 53.0.2785.143-1, but
you'll have the -1, I think.
http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs/main/c/chromium-browser/chromium-browser_53.0.2785.143-1_changelog
says that was 2016-10-01.
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=844631 is your
problem.  I haven't followed it through enough to see if they've fixed
it on amd64 as well as x86.  It seems to be triggered 70 days after the
package is built.

Cheers, Ralph.

Strange, Debian stable (Jessie) has version 55 while Debian (testing) Stretch has version 55

I downloaded the Jessie version and installed it via gdebi (not recommended I know but then again having a dodgy browser is not recommended either).

Regards

Tim