Up until recently the sound output on my PC has been ok but something has now changed and now any music played through anything other than something like Clementine is awful, very bassey, very distorted. If I play a CD\mp3 through Clementine then with the use of the inbuilt equaliser the output is ok. But play back from a video or music clips played in a web browser for example it is awful.

The other thing is there does not seem to be any play back control of the volume, one song will be played back at an acceptable level, the next song played will blow your ear drums out, then the next song you will have to turn the volume up Using (Clementine volume is OK). I can turn the volume up and down as required but I have never had to do it on a per song basis. I normally use Firefox as my Browser of choice which is currently v51.0.1

My audio hardware is as follows

|mit@lunar1 ~ $ inxi -A
Audio: Card Intel 6 Series/C200 Series Family High Definition Audio Controller
           driver: snd_hda_intel
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k4.8.0-2-amd64|