Try Again.

This seems to happen when people cc me as well as sending the response to the
list.  My mail client helpfully suppresses the original and only sends me the
duplicate, which I then reply to....

On Sunday, 18 February 2018 09:49:55 GMT PeterMerchant via dorset wrote:
> I have an idle PC sitting in my garage. You are welcome to borrow  it to
> install these disks and wipe them, if you think that would be faster.  I
> think it has both SATA and an IDE drive, but I would need to check.
> That would get over the USB bottleneck.

Peter,

Thanks for the offer, but I'm now 25% of the way through the first drive.  Now
that I've decided that one pass of random data will suffice, I'm quite happy to
do one drive today and one tomorrow.

It was the overnight thing that was the problem.  If the PC had been in any
room but this one, I'd have let it run overnight, but I don't have enough
space anywhere else.