My  Humax 9150T PVR is starting to give problems on playback where it skips and
hesitates and sometimes the sound is out of sync with the video. Yes it is
quite old. I bought a second one recently to use for a replacement hard disk,
but it worked so well I put in use on the downstairs TV for the grandchildren.

The hard disk is a WD1600AVVS  where the AV indicates that it is built for
AudioVisual purposes such as security monitors etc. It's 160GB.  I attached it
to my computer and it is not seen. Gparted shows the disk as unformatted.

Q1. Is there a utility or Distro that can read this disk? I would like to copy
off the programs if I can. [The Humax only has a serial port  for
communications, and no means of exporting programs]

Q2. If I buy a new disk, is there anything that will format it appropriately?
The Humax does have a format disk option, so perhaps that would do it.

Thanks for any help.

PS AV_Linux from http://www.bandshed.net/avlinux/ uses Ext4 formatting.

Peter

--
 Next meeting: BEC, Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2019-02-05 20:00