I posted this on the Pi Forums, but haven't had much of a response to date:

Earlier this week I downloaded and installed the latest Raspbian image from the
Downloads page (2018-11-13-raspbian-stretch-full.img) and installed it onto an
SD Card
for use in a new project. The target device is a Pi Zero but I used my Pi 3 to
perform all the
updates before plugging the card into the Zero. As far as my project is
concerned,
everything is working fine, but when I try to open nano in the initial boot
shell, I get:

error opening terminal: unknown

If I open a shell and type nano within the desktop, everything works. What is
going on
here? I've always used nano on earlier projects and had no issues as far as I
can recall.

  Next meeting: BEC, Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2019-04-02 20:00