On Sunday, 10 March 2019 17:24:05 GMT Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> I don't understand why `nano' would give that error, and `TERM=vt220
> nano' would give the same error, yet `TERM=vt220' followed by `nano'

No.  The TERM variable is simply `TERM=vt220'.  I don't enter nano until I
type it into the shell.

Or is that what you meant.

> would work.  It suggests your shell isn't applying that environment
> variable setting yet is still skipping it to run nano.  Or you entered
> something else.  :-)

When I type 'env', I get `TERM=vt220'.

> > I haven' changed my sig for about 10 years.
>
> And yet these two recently emails show it's different in the amount of
> space it takes.
>
>     https://www.mail-archive.com/dorset@mailman.lug.org.uk/msg08641.html
>     https://www.mail-archive.com/dorset@mailman.lug.org.uk/msg08644.html

Those two sigs look exactly the same to me in Chromium and in KMail.

> This is the bit where you normally blame Thunderbird.  :-)

Well.  I'm using KMail and I can't see what's wrong, so maybe the problem is
at your end :-)

  Next meeting: BEC, Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2019-04-02 20:00