On Sunday, 17 March 2019 15:29:27 GMT Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> I think it's due to you giving it mono.  Can you experiment by changing
> just the list of files to be all stereo, all mono, or a mix?

The Kit is buttoned up at the moment and I'm running some soak tests.
However, there is something else that is no longer working, so I'll have to
delve inside again tomorrow and I'll check this out then.

> mpg321(1) also says
>
>     --stereo  Force stereo output: duplicates mono stream on second
>         output channel.  Useful for output for devices that don't
>         understand mono, such as some CD players.
>
> so I'd try adding that to the invocations that fail to see if it helps.

I've just tried it on this machine and it doesn't help.  However, I'm getting
a different error anyway, so that's probably a red herring.

> Once you've narrowed down what triggers the error, the mpg321 folks
> might like to know to see if it's a problem their end, or just that the
> particular device you want to use doesn't accept mono and the other
> command you use that do work spot this and compensate.

I don't think it's the device because it works fine when I use mpg123.

I'll report back later in the week, when I've had a chance to look at this
properly.

  Next meeting: BEC, Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2019-04-02 20:00