Hi Tim,

> Incidentally, a pair of floppy disk drives with PSU, interface card
> and CP/M cost around £800 in 1983 - £2288 today according to
> https://www.inflationtool.com/british-pound

That's using CPI, which I always think of as a con by our Government to
help hide that successive post-war Governments, of all flavours, have
indebted us by over-promising what we can't afford and needing to erode
our debt, and our savings, away.  :-)

RPI, specifically DQAD from ONS's MM23,
https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/timeseries/dqad/mm23
has these indexes for 1983 and 2019-05, the latest month available.

    £800 * 286.3 / 86.8 = £2,638.71

LibreOffice here, 6.2.4-1, can't show the whole XLSX file available
above: too many columns.

--
Cheers, Ralph.

--
  Next meeting: BEC, Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2019-08-06 20:00