Somehow I've never managed to get email filters to work. I've tried in
Thunderbird and with my providers (Outlook and Google) various times
over the years, and they never really seemed to do anything. I'm
probably just being a doofus, but has anyone else had this?

Hamish

On 21/01/2020 09:40, C Wills wrote:
> Further to this and perhaps helping Terry.
>
> I've now added a filter to_move_ all emails from the main folder into
> a separate folder under 'Local Folders' and it appears to work 95% of
> the time.  Only 1 email from my son will 'not be moved', but all
> others are.
> So at moment all emails under the 'Cinfo', Clive' & 'family' addresses
> are stored under the 'Local Folder' and from our previous tests are
> now on my laptop; so, should be safe when moving the domain to a new
> cPanel.
> Not checked that nothing is on the Web Mail Server yet.
>
> If this is OK after several days I'll do the same on the other PC for
> me and Lily; then get the cPanel activated (with fingers crossed!).
>
> Don't know if any of this is of help to Terry, but nice to know.
>
> Running Mint 19.2 & Thunderbird (with Lightning calender).
>
> C A Wills

>>> Copy or move?  Is there some reason he'd prefer those few emails to
>>> reside on the new server rather than sit on his own Localhost machine
>>> with the others?
>>>
>> I only said 'copy' as a precaution in case it didn't work.
>>
>> P.

  Next meeting: BEC, Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2020-02-04 20:00