Hi,

My Music Player software works fine and I'm in the process of debugging the Web
App.  One of the buttons in the Control Page is to stop the music and when
pressed, the mp3 object is terminated successfully,  This has worked now for
four years in the original program (using a physical switch connected to a
GPIO pin rather than a Web App).

Unfortunately, now I've added the Web code, I've hit a snag.  Immediately
after successfully terminating, the MP3 Player restarts and I can't see why.
I've tried adding print statements to the code and this has confirmed all of
the above, but that's not enough.

The obvious answer is to trace the program, so I had a look at:

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/doc/python3.2/html/library/trace.html

and tried to use the simple example given, eg:

python3 -m trace --count -C . minstermusic.py

Unfortunately, I get no output from the trace command because the program is
designed to never finish so I have to Ctrl-C to get out of it.  Is there a way
in Python to leave the running software cleanly by simply executing a Python
statement?  If so I could put that into my program to see where the execution
goes after the mp3_player_stop() function has completed.  I've been unable to
find such a statement.

Alternatively, is there a way to get trace to do it's stuff while the program
is executing?

--

                Terry Coles

  Check to whom you are replying