As I last said I'd report outcome of this weekends trials:-

Everything worked fine over the weekend on the Huawei HG633 router, so laptop wireless OK.

Late this afternoon re-installed the Sagecom Super Router (after router reset) and after checking with other wireless kit it worked but still my laptop did not connect!  Looked as if it was trying to connect to next door (Next door is on channel 6!!) but wireless details were incorrect obviously! Looking around the settings the router was set on Channel _11_, changed to channel 1 and all fine.

Don't understand why it tried channel 11 as it has never been set before and the tablet had connected OK.

Will leave it all 'as is' and see if any changes take place in the next week or so.  Still not sure what caused the problem, which I don't like but will stick with it. Thanks again for all the suggestions and help. hope this is 'it' for a few weeks and no changes to anything now until  the OS Mint update comes in April when I hope to upgrade to Mint 20.04 with a live disc.
See you next week on Jitsi.

Happy Bunny