Morning all

I have been trawling through an old MySQL database and as it archived Archive Manager was using Xed to look at the file, but it was so slow. I extracted the file and then open it again in Xed and it was slightly faster to scroll through. In the end I did a simple CTRL-A of the whole data base and then copied and pasted it into Mousepad and it was way faster (I am not wanting to keep the data in MySQL format, just after some raw text).

Was it faster pasting it into Mousepad simply because I had copied the text out and into Mouse pad and xed was dealing all the SQL stuff. For reference I am on an i7 with 16gb of memory running Mint XFCE, all data is stored in my homeĀ  folder which is on am SSD.

I know I could of entered the dark arts of CLI editors but my fu is lacking in that department

Tim H