Interesting result. The  card that didn't work in the new computer because of
the OpenGL problems, worked just fine on the old computer.  This  computer had
a new installation of Kubuntu 20.04 on it, but aside from the graphics card,
was the hardware that I used to use.

These things are sent to try us, but now that both computers are working, I
shall be quiet for awhile.
Peter