On 09/02/2022 18:23, Neil Stone wrote:
See also 'anacron' to run cron tasks that were missed due to the system
being off.

Hi Victor, many years since we spoke last o/

On Wed, 9 Feb 2022 at 18:16, Victor Churchill <victorchurch...@gmail.com>
wrote:

I've not used fstrim, but I assume you're putting a fstrim command into
your crontab but concerned that it won't run if the machine is shut down
before the cron time comes round.
Have you seen the cron '@reboot' facility? This will run whatever command
you give it when Linux starts.
You might want to give it a script which checks for the existence of some
flag to tell it whether it wqants to run fstrim or not, depending on
whether fstrim got run by a regular scheduled cronjob (which could set
aforesaid flag).

best regards,
웃
Victor Churchill,