Gerard Seibert wrote:
On Monday November 05, 2007 at 09:37:12 (AM) Bill Cole wrote:
hile we're making a list: 'Junk' vs. 'Junk E-mail' is a particular problematic case of client disagreement because some clients (e.g. Eudora, Outlook) work in ways that are Very Bad when they disagree on the final destination of probable spam.

Correct me if I am wrong; however, there is no RFC specifically detailing the
naming of folders.
Right....
If there is no specification in place, the author of a
software application is pretty much free to do as they please.
No, not relay - if there is no specification, things _must_ be configurable. Or don't call your software "IMAP client". Call it "Cyrus", "MS Exchange" or "Lotus Domino" client..., if it ads restrictions where thy don't apply.

 The interesting
fact is that while you claim that clients like 'Eudora & Outlook' are bad, the
users of said clients might very well consider your choice of MUA to be
inferior.
Outlook Express have at less options to configure "Sent items" and "Drafts" alias. In Outlook you can specify only root namespace prefix.
Just my 2ยข.
Anyway "alias" option would be good workaround for "limited pseudo IMAP"clients.

Uldis.