On Oct 20, 2008, at 10:19 PM, Sascha Wilde wrote:

Ok, you convinced me that your concept has the advantage of forcing the
checkpassword script author to try to implement all aspects of the
spec.
..
After all, nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.  ;-)

Sure, but I like it better if it's foolproof to at least less talented fools :)

Ever since I took these Human-Computer-Interfacing classes I've started thinking about ways to make things more easier (and foolproof). There was this one example about how difficult it was to design a web page (about 10 years ago) that told the user to maximize the browser window and then click continue button to start the web application. Most people succeeded initially but getting the rest of the people to succeed was a lot more difficult. Unfortunately I don't have the URL for that page now. Anyway I think those people who failed at first could be thought of as fools, but with some more design it was possible to make it foolproof :)