On Oct 21, 2008, at 5:27 PM, Sascha Wilde wrote:

Sascha Wilde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Timo Sirainen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
[...]
All of this forces that the checkpassword script developer either
handles the AUTHORIZED environment correctly or it doesn't work at
all. And it prevents admin from accidentally using the script wrong.

Ok, you convinced me that your concept has the advantage of forcing the
checkpassword script author to try to implement all aspects of the
spec.

I'll implement it this way, as it isn't hard to do anyway.

Ok.  8ebf5a64e6eb includes the discussed changes.

The code is now in dovecot-1.2 tree. I did some minor changes, mostly related to getting coding style consistent with the rest of Dovecot. It probably would have been possible to have the passdb and userdb share more code, but it's good enough now. :)