On 17 May 2012, at 9:46, Charles Marcus wrote:

On 2012-05-17 9:38 AM, Bill Cole <dovecot-20110...@billmail.scconsult.com> wrote:
A spammer claiming to be '"Tim Saarela" <tim.saar...@dovecot.fi>' is
sending out a pitch for "Enterprise Level Support" for Dovecot. The
address of mine which he hit is only ever used for this mailing list, so
it is clear that whatever the mechanism, this list is being harvested
for commercial leads.

Chill, Bill...

Tim is working closely with Timo, and I'm sure got Timo's permission to send that email to list subscribers.

I subscribed to the Dovecot Users mailing list, not "Whatever spam Timo thinks is justifiable."

If the terms of subscription are that the former includes the latter, that's a choice Timo has the power to make and I hope he will make that choice explicit. It would certainly settle what I tell people who ask my opinion of Dovecot Solutions Oy.