On 03/05/2018 05:40 PM, John Woods wrote:
We run Dovecot with Outlook, and have had similar problems when
Outlook is operating in "Offline Mode". When you're in offline mode,
doing any folder-level operations, such as Copy, Create, Rename, Move,
Delete, etc. causes problems with the mailbox. The end result is that
you could lose e-mails and entire folders that were involved in the
How we have fixed this in the past, what we have done is:
1. Do an Outlook "export" of the entire contents of the IMAP account
into a ".pst" file. (This saves the e-mails that may be at-risk of
2. Delete the IMAP account in Outlook, which includes the ".ost" file.
3. Delete the IMAP account on the Dovecot server
4. Reconfigure the IMAP account in Outlook
5. Restore the IMAP contents from the ".pst" file in step #1.
6. Educate the user about not doing folder-level operations while in
Hope this helps...
that means that outlook is useless as an Imap client then . This is the
whole idea behind
imap, to be able to do work while off-line and sync changes when on-line
or I get it wrong ?