On 10/28/21 8:00 AM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
Also, when I send a message with Thunderbird, which deletes the message in Drafts and adds one to Sent, I am not seeing a delete request in the Solr log.  I do see the add. So this isn't limited to just the shift-delete workflow.

I have confirmed this with multiple attempts.

I start a new message in Thunderbird.  Then I wait around for that message to be auto-saved to Drafts.  When that happens, I see an "add" request in the solr log.

Then I send the message.  At that point, I see another add in Solr's log.  Based on the message number in the add request, I know that this time the add happens in the Sent folder.  But despite the fact that Thunderbird deletes the message from Drafts, Solr never sees a delete request.  My dovecot version has been updated since the last time I indicated what version it is.  Now it is "2:2.3.17-3+ubuntu20.04" from the dovecot repo, not the ubuntu repo.  The same thing happened with 2.3.16.

As I mentioned in the first message on this thread, when shift-delete is used in Thunderbird to delete messages, that also never sends a delete to Solr.

Something somewhere is misbehaving.  Is it Thunderbird accessing IMAP incorrectly, or is it Dovecot?

I will do a packet capture to see if maybe dovecot is sending requests that are not logged by Solr.  That seems unlikely -- even bad requests should result in some kind of entry in the solr log.

Thanks,
Shawn