On 5/17/2022 11:32 AM, PGNet Dev wrote:
CaffeineCache  _should_ be a solution for both series.
I'm just starting to do a bit of testing, but so far, indexing/search with Caffeine seems quicker, at least. I do not yet know in which case(s) CaffeineCache is _not_ an appropriate solution.

CaffeineCache was added in Solr 8.3.0.  So it is not available in all 8.x releases.

I know more than a little bit about Solr's caches.  I am the author of LFUCache, added way back in Solr 3.6.0.  That is an extremely naive "intro to programming" implementation, but it works.

Caffeine is a highly optimized and battle-tested cache, with very good performance.  Shortly after it was added to Solr, all the other cache implementations were deprecated, and then removed in 9.0.0.

I should probably see if I can write some end to end instructions for installing Solr and configuring dovecot to use it.

Having something well-vetted and doc'd will be useful.

If I ever find any time I will definitely work on that.

Thanks,
Shawn