> On 05/05/2023 05:49 EEST efeizbudak--- via dovecot <dovecot@dovecot.org>
> wrote:
>

> > try
> >
> > doveadm -o plugin/mail_crypt_require_encrypted_user_key=no mailbox
> > cryptokey generate -U -u dmarc
> >
> > maybe it works?
> >
> > Aki
> This gives the same error as the above that starts with
>
> doveadm(dmarc): Error: mail_crypt_user_generate_keypair(dmarc) failed:
> mail_crypt_require_encrypted_user_key set, cannot generate user keypair
> without password or key

Ok, since this is getting too annoying I tested out that

doveadm -o plugin/mail_crypt_private_password=foo mailbox cryptokey generate -u
dmarc -U

at least works for me with that setting.

I've made an issue of this, because it's not supposed to work like this.
Although it can end up as documentation task.

Aki