On 2023-05-05 14:29, efeizbudak--- via dovecot wrote:
On 2023-05-05 09:09, Aki Tuomi via dovecot wrote:
On 05/05/2023 05:49 EEST efeizbudak--- via dovecot <dovecot@dovecot.org> wrote:

> try
>
> doveadm -o plugin/mail_crypt_require_encrypted_user_key=no mailbox
> cryptokey generate -U -u dmarc
>
> maybe it works?
>
> Aki
This gives the same error as the above that starts with

doveadm(dmarc): Error: mail_crypt_user_generate_keypair(dmarc) failed: mail_crypt_require_encrypted_user_key set, cannot generate user keypair
without password or key

Ok, since this is getting too annoying I tested out that

doveadm -o plugin/mail_crypt_private_password=foo mailbox cryptokey generate -u dmarc -U

at least works for me with that setting.

I've made an issue of this, because it's not supposed to work like this. Although it can end up as documentation task.

Aki
That worked! Thank you!!
Sorry, I've missed one important part. After running this command and creating the keys, the emails are now received fine on the account but how can I actually read them? I've tried to log into the account using something like

mutt -f imap://dm...@domain.com/Inbox

but the login fails I guess because the user has keys but no password to login. How can I decrypt the mail on this account using the generated keys? I've also tried

doveadm fetch -u dmarc "text" MAILBOX INBOX UNSEEN

which gives me an error about password not being available.