On 9/19/23 16:34, Michael Grant wrote:
   Heya mgrant, been a long time!

Very!  Will hit you off-list.

  :-)

   If you're using a database for authentication, you can do this sort of
translation past using stored functions in MySQL.  Queries look something
like this:

password_query = SELECT userid AS username, domain, password FROM mail_users
WHERE userid = addr_to_uname('%u') AND domain =
addr_to_domain_or_default('%u', 'domain.com')

Thanks, I was hoping for something less complicated.  I found
   auth_username_format %n
which drops the domain if supplied.  Unfortunately my imap username
isn't 'mgrant'.  Probably i could make this work if there was no other
way.  This forces me to have my IMAP password the same as my unix
password.

I probably should move to virtual users for everyone on my box but
that's not so easy.  I was hoping there was some way i could translate
individual users which would make this transition easier.

You can use that technique, though, to implement any sort of translation table that you could build into an SQL query. Just a suggestion.

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA