On 26/04/2024 13:00 EEST karl.l--- via dovecot <dovecot@dovecot.org>
     wrote:

     Hi Aki

     We would like NTLM support so customers that have enabled it in
     outlook and other email clients can continue to authenticate when we
     update our dovecot server. We are not running kerberos/samba/active
     directory or any other directory system. I am not sure how GSSAPI
     would assist us with this requirement.

     Given that we are using an sql passdb, will this work and if so any
     pointers would be appreciated.

     Thanks

For the behaviour youre seeing, it does sound like a bug, but NTLM support is
not been in since 2.3.14 anymore because Microsoft recommends not implementing
it anymore and the implementation was unsafe.

Aki