my best shot at it is that the only function in curr.xml that does
anything is curr().  i don't think the functions curr2() or
autodetect_currency() do anything as they would have to be called from
curr() and they are not.  i could be wrong here, but i don't think i am.

try this... back up your current curr.xml.  remove the 2 functions
(curr2() and autodetect_currency()) from the file.  save it and
reload.  does it still work?

JB