I kind of agree with Monty. Consistency will help future development, I'm sure. Perhaps there is a middle ground. Could the alias function be expanded to define the current special handling patterns as aliases? Then a recommended alias file could be added to the standard distribution to provide backwards compatibility.

 Monty Scroggins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

I certainly admit that I use the calc feature a ton!.. but why have special
handling for things like currency coversion, language translation etc. which
are really just other internet searches?... The calc function is unique to
the others in the list in that the function is doesnt leave the box, but
even the calc function could be made to be consistent like the other
contained "searches" - like the temp conversion, alarm, timer etc... It
does make sense to me to have the URL auto recognition...

FWIW..

Monty

Do You Yahoo!?