> > Not sure if you follow the whois area but www.whois.sc
> > is the best whois then betterwhois.com
> > You should remap the whois command to www.whois.sc
>
> I agree.

Though I like www.whois.sc - I don't like that it limits the number of
searches you can perform at any given time. It is hardly functionally
useful to have your default search of a particular type limited in
such a way.

The way DQSD is currently designed it is very simple to remap your
*own* searches to anything you choose. It's simply a matter of
defining an alias in your localaliases - which will supercede searches
of the same name.

> ...We could then send out bulk e-mails...

Are you serious?

Bulk email is probably the most irresponsible thing the web has to
offer, and it could only damage DQSD's reputation.

When I see a website that I value or like the way searches function or
what the search capabilities offer I either write a search for DQSD
(most often) or I make an effort to contact the webmaster directly,
individually, and provide information about how to create a search for
DQSD to make their site more useable and gain the exposure to all of
the DQSD users. I recently carried on a discussion with the owners of
www.RegExLib.com which went close to these lines, where I convinced
them to make their site more DQSD friendly.

Chances are the webmaster simply doesn't know what DQSD is or how to
make their forms more DQSD-friendly, or that even with 'support' for
DQSD that the user will STILL visit their site - and they will NOT
lose whatever advertising revenue they would otherwise have gained.
This last point is the one that has changed more minds than any
others. Be sure to explain to them that the results will STILL be seen
on their site, not through any tool locally that would strip out their
advertising, so their ad revenue will not decrease, but their
immediate potential audience *will* grow to all users of DQSD. I have
no idea how many people this is, but imagine it could sway most
webmasters.

Regards,

Shawn K. Hall
http://ReliableAnswers.com/

    Men stumble over the truth from time to time, but most
    pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
      -- Winston Churchill