Hi John,

> Anyhow... the question I really want answered is why
> doesn't the disable (disabledsearches.txt) feature not
> work from the help screen for me?  I open the help
> window, uncheck some searches and close the window,
> but the disabledsearches.txt file does not get updated.

Check to see if disabledsearches.txt is write-protected (first
thought), alternatively, are you sure those searches you're disabling
exist? I doubt they'd be listed if they didn't - but it's a thought.

Also, the batch file intentionally renames the files that exist in the
disabled searches file - perhaps DQSW chokes attempting to load the
list since the searches that currently exist in that list don't
"really" exist anymore? Rename disabledsearches.txt to something else
(+_backup) and then reload DQSD to see if that fixes it.

Regards,

Shawn K. Hall
http://ReliableAnswers.com/

    Help Stamp Out Intolerance!