The question is *where* the info is stored.  The answer is *locally*.

>From http://desktop.google.com/privacyfaq.html#make_searchable
(Emphasis mine below)

<quote>

2. What does Google Desktop Search do with the information on my computer?

After a successful installation, Google Desktop Search creates an index to
make your email, files, chats and web history searchable. This index enables
Google Desktop Search to find the information you're looking for in less
than a second. In addition to the index itself, Google Desktop Search stores
copies of the items it finds on your computer’s hard drive. This lets you
view older versions of files you’ve changed as well as web pages you’ve
visited, even when you're not connected to the Internet.

*Your Google Desktop Search index and copies are currently stored only on
your computer.*

</quote>

> Cheers, tom.
______