As I added some calendar events to my local events file, I discovered a
bit of ugliness in the theme_vista.css file, which I'm working to
resolve. But it also brought up the question of how this all works. As
it currently stands, everything in the various calendar files
(calendar.<country>.xml) is listed as a "public_holiday". Which is fine.
And if I add in a second or third set of holidays, by adding them to
localevents.xml, then they work just fine(well, after I fixed the theme
file). But what if I want to add additional events, and have them colour
coded based on the type of event. So, for example, I might want to add
my wife's birthday to that local events file, and have the xml list it
as type "birthday". Can I then get it to display in a different colour
based on the xml type? And if so, how to do it?

Charlie.