Hi Shawn...

   Sorry for the delay in replying -- everything's working fine on my machine
at home (where I have email access to the outside
world), but failing on my work machine (where I cannot access my personal
email).

   I checked the setting you mentioned in IE, and it was already checked.   :(

   I also did some experimentation, trying to add various 'file' URLs to the
'safe' zone, including the search.htm in the DQSD
directory, but I guess I'm not specifying the URL correctly?  I could not
successfully add any local file to the trusted zone; I
kept getting an error saying I wasn't specifying a valid wildcard (even when
there was no wildcard character!)...

   I'm half-tempted.. no, strike that, I'm 90%-tempted to just code a COMX-like
script up in PHP and put it on the web frontend for
my MythTV box (which I can access from work), and have _it_ collect up all the
daily comic strips for me.  I know that doesn't
address the actual problem, but it'll work around it!  ;)

   In the meantime, if you have any other settings or tweaks for me to try on
the IE installation at work, let me know... I'm all ears.