Re: [DQSD-Users] comx /dilbert access denied
From: Shawn K. Hall <sh...@re...> - 2008-11-11 04:03
That's exactly the same error.

The only thing that jumps out at me is that the code in comx is using
synchronous XML-HTTP transfers, it isn't changing the UA, and isn't
checking for errors, which can all cause issues.

If the UA isn't changed you may end up where the server flat-out rejects
attempts to connect from the MS XmlHttp object (mine does).

Synchronous transfers can cause stale or broken connections if the
connection is refused or for any other reason the server doesn't return
content. Finally, without error trapping, there's no way to tell what
the error could be.

I'm going to put this on my short list for rewriting it to make it do
all of the above. It's a lot of code though, so no guarantees it'll
happen right away. On the plus side, it'll be more modular, so new
comics should be a lot easier to add. ;)

Meanwhile, if you look at the rssx search I wrote (lines 42-56), which
comx is based on, you'll see a much better way to handle the remoting
aspects.

-Shawn