Hi James,

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 19:25, James Nix <ni...@charter.net> wrote:
> I was surprised to stumble across this.  I must have missed the email to the
> user’s distro list.

I searched back, and it turns out I only sent the release announcement
to DQSD-Announce:

> “This version adds native x64 support”, when I check the Sourceforge site it
> states the release incorporates “Win64” support.

Yes...

> 1)  Does that support include x64 versions of XP, Vista and Windows 7?

I think so. I've had some reports that the 32-bit version works on
Windows 7, at least, and I don't know why the 64-bit would be
different.

> 2)  If I instruct people to download the installation executable (the EXE
> file not the ZIP).  Will it install and run on all 3 flavors of 64-bit
> Windows with no further assistance?

No. The 64-bit installation must always be done with the ZIP file +
running setupx64.cmd.

If I recall correctly, these are the steps;

1) Download the 64-bit release zip
2) Unpack it to some temporary location
3) Run setupx64.cmd as administrator

The bits should be copied into your 64-bit Program Files, and
everything should be registered.

Hope that helps,
- Kim