On Friday 04 July 2003 18:18, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hmmmmm!
>
> Wonder if you tried something simple like cleaning (spraying) the
> band switch?

No, of course not -- that's much too simple. 

I thought about the band switch, but circumstances led me to look 
elsewhere.  I haven't had the rig long and am not yet very familiar 
with it.  I think it had normal output on all bands when I got it.  
Then we had a week or so of stormy weather and wicked lightening.  We 
lost other electronics in the house.  Then I discovered the low output 
problem.  A friend and elmer pointed me to drakelist, the database, and 
the unstable PA entry.  From there it was only a couple of entries to 
another about surge protecting the PIN diodes.  I put 2 and 2 together 
and got 5 or 6...

-- 
Bud Rogers      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>     KD5SZ
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe:          [EMAIL PROTECTED] - subscribe drakelist in body
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net  http://www.tlchost.net/
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to