My TR7A has full power output on all bands.  On 40 SSB, I noticed that if I
increase the mike gain too high, or speak too loudly, some sort of power
protection relay trips, and the 12 V supply is interrupted to the rig.  The
rig goes dead until I wait a few seconds and turn it on again.  I looked at
the schematic, and all I can see is a VCO "unlock" signal that would
possibly do something like this, but it's really a mystery to me.  I thought
that perhaps the rig is drawing too much current on this band.  Operation on
20 and up is normal, and I can modulate fairly heavily with no problems.  Is
there some kind of PS7 current protection circuit?  I can't see anything on
the schematics.  Any thoughts welcome before I tear into this thing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe:          [EMAIL PROTECTED] - subscribe drakelist in body
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net  http://www.tlchost.net/
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to