|
Wow, thanks guys!
Based on a number of comments it appears I went
full circle and wound
up doing exactly what Larry (WA5KBQ)
suggested. Based on some
color thingies on the Rosco site the Roscolene #853
Middle Blue looked
closest though the #855 Azure Blue and #853 Steel
Blue looked pretty
good. Web search sent me to theaterhouse.com
(which Larry also
suggested). Ordered a 20x24" sheet of #855
and #853 to try. They are
$5.50 each which covered the $10 min. order plus
$6.95 to ship. I'll
certainly relay how it works out.
I have to try the bit with the blue LEDs
also. Though I prefer to go with the
original setup it sounds like fun. I'm
surprised it's worked well as the diffuser
is pretty opaque. Thinking of taking a
small strip of perf board and soldering
on a bayonet bulb base and 2 or 3 of them suckers
to fill out the corners of
the dial a bit better than the single bulb
does. I can see how this may work
better on the side lit S-meter. I almost hope
it doesn't work that great as I
do not wish to upset the gods of thermal
emission!
Thanks!
- Mark K9MRK
|
- [drakelist] Two Questions Mark Lakomski
- [drakelist] Two Questions Greg Clark

