Thank you, Drake experts!

Thank you, to all of you Drake experts who helped me sort out the correct and not so 
correct alignment procedure of rf- and injectiontrimmers in the T-4xc. Your kind 
assistance were of great help in my uncertainness with the manual! 
I did som testing with the different "procedures", and yes, I got better peaks when 
detuning with the screwdriwer. But all-in-all, RF-output in the end was not much 
different.

As you guys know, I am not an expert on theese matters. I do know however, that cores 
and core-material do change through time - it gets older. Even if it, compared to me, 
do not look elderly! 
Is this a problem in the T-4xc? I do ask because of the following experience:  

In my transmitter, all the cores in the RF-preselector lines up very nicely. And as 
said many times before: no need to adjust or temper with what works all right! But, 
when I do use the measures of core heights from the manual, 10-meter output falls of. 
It is not possible to get more than approx. 20 watts output. When tuned up with cores 
deeper into their cans than described in the manual, no problems getting 75-80 watts 
output also on 10 m. How come? And, I am sorry to admit, before I started to "temper" 
with it, core-heights on 10 was set nearly 1/16 lower than advised in manual - and I 
suppose it was all very much ok! 

1 Does deeper cores give more drive and therefore more output?
2 Are my finals, 6jb6, worn out? On 80m the output measures 115 watts.
3 Does core-elding have such an influence, that on older T-4xc you don't any longer 
have to go strictly by the manual?
4What does the core-deep actually affect besides linearity? Spurious etc?
5 Am I a fool now, asking more stupid questions than 10 wise men can tell?

I would be very happy to receive some comments/advices on this one too. I do not 
really want to give up getting this beautifull one back on the air, beeing certain 
everything works properly and nice. As winter is comming closer here in Norway, I know 
I'll be needing the good heat from glowing tubes!!!

73 de LA6PKA Erling  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe:          [EMAIL PROTECTED] - subscribe drakelist in body
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net  http://www.tlchost.net/
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to