Thought I'd share my investigations and seek advice on next steps.

First off, with my headphones I don't have to adjust the AF gain from what I
use for the speaker. So, I think the 100 ohm resistor theory probably won't
help, but I admit I didn't try that yet.

As for filter caps, there are a pair of 1000 uF discretes on a separate
board along with an 8 uF one, plus a can that is labelled 60-40-20 uF, all
at 150V ratings. I found that my two schematics differed on how many 1000 uF
caps there are, but I can't find any 60 or 40 in the diagrams, just 50, 20,
and 10 uF at 150V. That aside, it should not be too difficult to replace the
1000 uF caps provided I can detach the board far enough to get my iron in
there. I think I may leave the "can" alone for the time being.

Should I also replace the power line bypass caps (.001)? Won't a failure of
those introduce some ripple as well?

73,

Casey, KS7J
---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.551 / Virus Database: 343 - Release Date: 12/11/2003

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe:          [EMAIL PROTECTED] - subscribe drakelist in body
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net  http://www.tlchost.net/
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to